How to Triple Your Leads in Just 3 Easy Steps…
If you’ve ever wanted to grow your business, then you’re reading the right article. That’s because you’re about to discover my easy 3-step method for generating quality leads.
And the good news is that this method works even if you are not an expert at online marketing.
Step 1: Profile Your Prospect
Many people who are new to online marketing don’t even realize that they need to do this step before they can start their marketing campaign. And that’s why a lot of people who try to grow their business using digital marketing end up failing – they’re simply missing this crucial step.
So, the first thing you need to do is understand the most important person in your professional life – Your prospect!
You’ll find that your campaigns work like magic if you apply these tips and tricks:
- Your ideal prospect lives somewhere on earth. Find him/ her! I mean jot down the characteristics of your ideal prospect – age, gender, location etc.
- What is his greatest desires? His worst fears? What are the challenges he faces? How does your product or service address them?
- Do you have a friend or relative who best fits into this profile? Visualize him/ her as your prospect!
- From now on, you will direct all your marketing efforts at this person!
Once you’ve profiled your ideal prospect, then you can move on to the next step…
Step 2: Plan Your Marketing Campaigns
The next thing you need to do is plan your marketing campaigns. This includes determining
- Which product or service you want to promote
- What channels or touchpoints you are going to run the campaign on
- For how long – from when to when
- The key message to prospects – Is it an enhanced product, are you offering a special price, is it brand new etc.?
When I first started planning a marketing campaign, I made a lot of mistakes. And now I see a number of others committing the same mistakes. So let me share with you the top three mistakes and how to avoid them:
- No benefit-focused message: It is critical that you have a strong message at the core of your campaign, highlighting a key benefit to your target market. For example, rather than promote “our updated course” you will emphasize on “learning these additional topics at no extra cost”. In other words, “Sell the benefit, not the feature”.
- No integrated campaigns: In the beginning I was promoting different services across the different customer touchpoints. So while on Social Media I would post on one service, my email marketing was focused on another and so on. Once I started promoting the same service across channels I could see the difference.
- No analysis of customer response: I did keep track of how my customers acted in response to the campaigns. However, it was only after a while that I realized the value of tracking different metrics: The open rates, the click-through rates, the bounce rates and so on. Believe me, the money is in the follow up! And you need analytics togive you the basis for that follow up.
Step 3: Optimize Your Website
At this step you’re likely to notice that more and more prospects are showing interest in your offerings. So, what you need to do is get the best out of this situation. How? Optimize your key resource – your website!
I still remember how I initially struggled to fine tune my website. I couldn’t achieve the results I had hoped for. But soon after I figured out how to optimize the website content I started seeing a jump in traffic. And that led to the inflow of quality leads!
So here are some tips to help optimize your website, in case you’re looking to do that. I’m sure you are – after all, your website is your online face and you want to present your best face to your prospects!
- Find the right keywords and use them appropriately. Attract search engines and therefore humans!
Your headline is a major determinant of whether or not your page will be read. So make it as strong and attractive as you can.
- Make it easy for them to read on. Write short sentences and small paragraphs – even one-line paragraphs!
- Even as he reads the content, your prospect has a lot of questions and doubts. Answer them convincingly. The best way to handle objections? Include strong testimonials from your current customers.
- Your website visitors are task oriented. Tell them what to do next; don’t leave them hanging.
- You want to be in touch with your prospect. Collect their contact information.
- You want your prospects to keep returning to your site. So make great offers and communicate to them. The more they come back to your site the better the chances of conversion!
Now rest assured that your website will perform optimally!
And there you have it – a simple 3-step method for potentially tripling your leads. There’s just one thing left for you to do: take action.
Need help getting started? Discover how your website can become a lead-generating machine!